Thanks to everyone who cast a vote in the Best True Crime Books of 2012 survey. It’s great seeing so many speak out about their favorite books and authors!
Before we get to the winners, I wanted to point out married women between the ages of 40 and 49, living in the Southwestern United States are the largest true crime audience. For quite a few days, the ladies maintained a healthy lead on the men but in the final days, the guys started catching up; leaving the ladies to win by only a hair of a percentage.
So, what I deduced from this is that true crime reading men are procrastinators.
Just kidding, guys! :)
And now, without further ado, here are the Best True Crime Books of 2012:
10. Slaughter on North Lasalle by Robert L. Snow
9. The Crime Buffs Guide to Outlaw Washington D.C. by Ron Franscell
8. Honour Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox by Raffaele Sollecito
6. Never See Them Again by M. William Phelps
4. Lost Girls by Caitlin Rother
And the number one choice among readers for best true crime book of 2012 is…Deadly Little Secrets: The Minister, His Mistress, and a Heartless Texas Murder by Kathryn Casey
Congratulations to all of these authors for a job well done!